Saturday, June 29, 2013

Reflection


In early childhood you may lay the foundation of poverty or riches, industry of idleness, good or evil, by the habits to which you train your children. Teach them right habits then, and their future life is safe. - Lydia Sigourney

Reflecting upon my experience in this program has allowed me to believe in myself more and to begin working towards my next set of goals. When I think of the things that I have learned from this program, I recall learning about ways that I can better work with diverse families while utilizing effective communication and by building positive relationships, I learned research skills that I did not possess prior to this program and I also learned how to effectively write using APA Format. Each of the things that I have learned will assist me with working with families and reaching the goals that I have in the future. I will be able to apply the strategies and research skills to my daily interactions with families. As an early childhood professional I can honestly say that I have grown so much because of my enrollment in this program. I feel more confident than ever because of all that I have learned in this program. I know that my biggest rewards are on the way and I will continue to be dedicated to serving families.

One long-term goal that I have is to become the owner of a childcare center. I am not sure of where to start, but I am hoping to gain more information regarding credentials that I need and ways to become the owner of a child care facility. I also plan on obtaining my doctorate degree as well in the near future.

I can not believe that we have made it this far. We will be obtaining our degree that we have worked so hard for. One thing that I would like to say to my colleagues is that we all have worked so hard sharing ideas, insights and information. I am blessed to have had this experience and can not believe that it is coming to an end. I am hoping that everyone reach all of their goals and continue to be advocates in the field of early childhood. Many of our children need advocates in their life that will help change many of the issues that they are facing. Good luck to everyone with all of your future endeavors.

Dr. Teri, I would like to thank you for such a wonderful experience. I was very intimidated at the beginning of this class, but I can honestly say that you provided me with excellent resources to assist me with the challenge that I had been facing. This has been a very rewarding experience and I am hoping that I can keep your contact information as a reference. I would definitely like to get my paper published. Once again thanks for providing quick responses and having the patience that you do as an instructor for such an intense course.
http://www.verybestquotes.com/in-early-childhood-you-may-lay-the-foundation-quote-for-parents/

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Shevia,
I love your blog and thank you for all your support throughout the past eight week. I have enjoyed all of your thoughts and comments throughout this course. I wish you luck and future success.Good Luck!!!